Everyone keep your fingers crossed for us. We invited a little girl with chicken pox to come over and play tomorrow morning :) This little cutie is my sister. I had some complaints about my previous picture and was forced to change it.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I finally remembered to get pictures of Henry's party from my sister...so here they are.
We had a picnic at a local park with family and a few friends. The weather was great and the park is really nice.
Here we are singing Happy Birthday to him. Henry thought all the attention was pretty cool. He also really liked the turtle that he found during the hunt...he said it tastes like chicken.
Henry had just really eating solid foods a few week before. I wasn't sure what he was going to do with this cupcake.
Look at these tummy rolls. I guess 11 months of breastmilk did a body good!
At no point did Henry eat any of the cupcake. He still prefers the turtle.
Some of the dads were working on their putt.
Henry was mostly a spectator during the opening of the presents. Caleb was very eager to help!
Grace was a little frustrated that she wasn't getting in on the action.
I'm sporting Henry's cute towel that his Abuelita Swinson made for him.
Posted by About the blog at 11:05 AM
Ok, not actually a costume. This is our attempt at a homemade eye patch! After we went to the pumpkin patch, Henry and Mike were wrestling around on the floor. Henry accidentally poked Mike is the eye. It took Mike awhile to open his eye and when he did, we realized that he had a good sized scratch on his cornea. We called our family doctor on call. He said that it should be ok. He said that it would heal faster if his eye was closed and if he was at the office with Mike, he would put a patch on it. We figured we could come up with something on our own...TA DA :) It lasted about 20 minutes before I drove down the Riteaid to buy a real eye patch.
Posted by About the blog at 10:39 AM
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Posted by About the blog at 8:41 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
My friend Crystal had a sweet little baby boy almost 2 weeks ago. He was a little early and need a little jump start from his friends in the NICU, but he is strong and healthy now. I can't get over how cute he is, especially for being a bit of a premie. He looks like a perfect little baby doll. He's going to be easy to fall in love with...I can't wait :)
Posted by About the blog at 10:47 AM
I got this list in a forward from a friend of mine today. Whoever came up with this has quite the memory! I love it! I wish I had time to post all the pictures that came with it...hilarious!
You Know You Grew Up In The 80's if:
1. You used to buy cassette singles… and still have some stashed somewhere…
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton heck yeah!
3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
5. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls (or your sister did). I still love that smell.
6. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom loved that show!
7. Two words: Hammer Pants
8. You watched "Fraggle Rock". I think our family still has a fraggle rock beach towel.
9. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and spokey-dokies or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
10. You watched "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!) every afternoon
11. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
12. You (your sister, cousins) wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
13. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names. I had a pet turtle named Donitello.
14. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. I think I just tied a knot.
16. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
17. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
18. You remember reading Tales of a fourth grade nothing and all the other Judy Blume books.
19. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
20. You wanted to be a Goonie. I was a goonie :)
21. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe) What was my mom thinking.
22. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted. poor guy.
23. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
24. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets. I think I was one of the injured statistics.
25. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
26. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
27. Barbie and the Rockers was your favourite band.
28. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
29. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
30. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
31. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
32. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
33. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide. I knocked my breath out every time.
34. You have ever played with a Skip-It or Elastix
35. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
36. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
37. Don't worry, be happy
38. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
39. You wore socks scrunched down oh yeah
40. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
41. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
42. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
43. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
44. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
45. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
46. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
47. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
48. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
49. You just sang those words to yourself.
50. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
51. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better)
52. You remember when mullets were cool!
53. You had a mullet!
54. You still sing "We are the World"
55. You tight rolled your jeans. I think I did it longer than it was cool!
56. You owned a bannana clip.
57. You used to (and probably still do)
say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
58. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
59. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
Posted by About the blog at 10:32 AM