Friday, December 14, 2007

So exciting!



I really had no intention of giving Henry a binky. At about 6 weeks of age, it was obvious that we needed something other than me! He would try to nurse just for comfort and get VERY upset when my milk would let down. So I gave in and gave him a binky with hopes that he would soon start sucking on his fingers instead. I must admit that I have even helped him practice sucking on his fingers. I just feel better knowing that his in charge instead of me sticking a plug in there. So the other day when I put him down for a nap and he refused the bink and took his thumb, I was elated! I also think it's so sweet looking. And yes, all you moms out there, I am very aware of the fact that I'm going to regret all of this in a couple years when I can't just throw away his thumb :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So sweet! At least you don't have to worry about his thumb falling on the floor or finding it for him in the middle of the night.

GrowingRopers said...

WHEN DID HE GET SO BIG?!?! i just saw him and he wasnt this big!
you know how i feel about thumbs...but it is cute FOR NOW! :)