Friday, August 22, 2008

Before and After

We've been slowly working on food storage this summer. We could definitely survive for awhile, but it would not be appetizing at this point :) One thing that I've been anxious about is our water storage. We got a really nice water filter and some water bottles with filters with our "Bush money" earlier this summer, but we didn't have much water stored. I wasn't sure how to do it in such a small apartment. {Our apartment seems to be shrinking as Henry gets older!}. A friend told me that she stores her water in all her old soda and juice bottles. Hmm. We don't drink soda and we get frozen juice for now. I was so excited when she told me that they had extra bottles they had been storing that I was welcome to have! Henry was just as excited to play with a large trash bag worth of empty soda bottles.

It took awhile to rinse them all out and fill them up, but the results are very comforting for me! We have 2 weeks supply of water now. Now I need to remember to refill them every 6 months. They are tipped over sideways on the kitchen floor right now to make sure they don't leak. We are going to have to store them under our bed for now.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cami said...

Good for you! It is hard to get 2 weeks of water stored! That was the first thing we were concerned about...you should see our wall of water in our garage:)

GrowingRopers said...

that is a big step...congrats!

Anonymous said...

you guys need to put more stuff up!