Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Name Sake


Pictured left to right: Emily, Geneva, Geneva and Henry. This is my beautiful Grandma. She turns 84 on Friday (don't tell her I told you) and she and my grandpa have been married for 62 years. She has some amazing stories and she loves to tell them :) She was Miss Kentucky, the first woman in the Coast Guard from the state, a pin-up girl for a naval ship (back when bathing suits were more modest than today's business suits), and she's lived all over the world as a Naval Officer's wife. I am very grateful for my granparents' love and the opportunities they have afforded me over the years.
Geneva and Helmuth SchroederPosted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Grandma rocks!!! She sounds so cool.

Anonymous said...

Gena thank you so much for everything you for my family, especially Henry and my son.You guys are very blessed to have Henry and Henry is very blessed to have you guys! I love my grand-baby!