Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A light at the end of the tunnel!

Some of you may have noticed that I just haven't had much to say these days. Well, I've felt pretty crummy. To make a kinda long story short...I jumped off a hay ride and jarred my back. After a month and a half of increasing back pain and severe muscle spasms and eventually not being able to carry Henry, I went to the ER on Tuesday. So, they took some films and I have a vertebral compression fracture. Sounds like something a 75 year old woman with osteoporosis gets, right? Well, pretty much! This has been such a blessing. I now know that I have a low bone density and I can do something about it! So in 7 years when I run the Boston marathon (yeah right), I can look back on this miserable experience and be so grateful! I left the ER yesterday knowing two things: I am NOT dying and ALWAYS listen to my husband when he tells me to hand him the baby so I can carefully climb off the hayride!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you were hurt. I've been thinking about you & have been meaning to call. One of these days, I'll show up on your door to see you and the baby. Oh, just let me know when you run the Boston Marathon & I'll be right there cheering you on.

Kristy said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! ugghh! Let me know if you need anything! lets get together soon!

Cami said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this...I wish I was around to help! Is the ward helping with meals and things??