Monday, February 18, 2008

I saw the Loch Ness Monster!


Just like the Loch Ness Monster, I wasn't convinced that 2 hour {or 1 hour} naps really existed! Henry is quick with everything. He nurses for 5 minutes {maybe} at a time, gets upset as soon as we stop at a red light, and has always taken 45 minute naps MAX! Last week, he fell asleep on the way home from the gym. It was a nice day, so I pulled the car up to the front door. I left the car door open and the front door open and worked on some projects in the living room. He ended up sleeping for 2 hours! I kept going and sitting beside him in the car to make sure he was breathing :) I can't tell you how wonderful that was. I couldn't believe how much I was able to get done. And I found that I felt refreshed from Henry's nap. Way to go Henry!


Since then I've learned a new trick. My sister told me that Gracie and Caleb went through phases where they needed a blanket under their knees to sleep. Henry has been waking himself up when he kicks his legs. We haven't had another 2 hour nap yet, but they are definitely getting longer.

No comments: