Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cake Time!

Much different from this time last year...Henry now understands what cake is! I wanted to make cupcakes for Henry's party, but the idea of making 50 of them {Henry has a lot of family in the area} didn't sound too great with everything else going on. Mike has been wanting a Costco cake for some time, so I decided to go with that. OH-MY-GOODNESS! I would have never guessed. I went with a white cake with strawberry filling and cream cheese icing. YUM...even with it slightly warmed by the weather.

I had a hard time narrowing down some of the cake pictures because he is so darn cute in them all. This happy face pretty much sums up his day :)





Getting a lesson in blowing out birthday candles...

...and making sure he's doing it right.

1 comment:

Misty Clark said...

Looks like Henry had a great birthday. We're sorry we weren't here to help him celebrate it. Hopefully we'll get to visit soon!