Friday, August 28, 2009

Loving these days!

We love this little guy! Henry is so fun and so sweet. Don't get me wrong...he definitely wakes up on the wrong side of the bed once in awhile. But even then, he is usually more pitiful than terrible. He loves to play with his trains, he would let us read to him all day if we would, he says the sweetest things to us all the time, and loves to cuddle with the baby in my tummy. And he is just so darn cute! He was extra extra excited when Mike came home from his last business trip. He talked for days about how Daddy was back :)

Henry has had a lot of changes in the past couple weeks. We have been working on potty training and Henry has started going to bed on his own. I really didn't plan to potty train yet, but Henry started asking to go after I would or after I would take off his diaper. I figured I better not miss this window of opportunity. He's doing very well with it. It's so cute seeing his skinny bum in pants that won't stay up anymore :)
Henry is also going to bed and down for naps on his own. Until recently, we would lay with him until he fell asleep. With my bump getting bigger and bigger, we knew things needed to change. I thought it was going to be quite the dramatic experience, but Henry has proved me wrong. He has been going down so well! During his nap today, Henry was playing with his bed frame a lot. I told him he needed to stop playing and close his eyes and go to sleep. I guess he played until the last second :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

We sure love him, too! I'm so glad he's going down well for you. I'm sure it's a big relief.