Thursday, July 17, 2008

Independence Celebration Begins!

We started our 4th of July off at the Frontier Culture Museum. I was really excited. I have a lot of memories of neat field trips there while I was in school. They had special games and events at the American Farm to celebrate the day {and free admission!}. There were sack races, watermelon seed spitting contests, log sawing, and other games. Caleb and I practiced our getting water out of a well skills.




Mike and his cousin Colton sawing some logs...remember not to push!


There was a lot of livestock to get the kids excited. They have some really neat breeds of sheep and chickens. A chicken ate out of Caleb's hand {we didn't have a camera nearby}! I'm not sure what I'm doing in this picture...probably telling my sister to stop complaining about the heat :)


A family photo in front of the German Farm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pictures didn't come through here. The others on the blog are fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous said...

yes...no pictures here, either.

Anonymous said...

Carolina just saw Henry's picture and handed him her 'buddy'. She is missing him. :(

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Nope, no pictures here either. Something's missing...

About the blog said...

This is why I haven't been blogging very much. My internet is messed up and my pictures never show up the next day. frustrating! But I think I fixed it.