Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Little Olympian

For some reason recently I've been wondering if Henry will be an athelete, and if so, what kind. Basketball is obviously the no brainer. Mike, his Uncle Jake, and his cousin Caleb will make sure of that! I've also spent some time this week looking into joining a local indoor pool to continue rehab for my back. Then it hit me...how cool would it be for Henry to be a swimmer! Not just the play and splash in the water kind, but the "I wear a special bodysuit because I can swim so fast" kind. :)
And THEN, tonight in the bath it all came together. I've been letting Henry sit up in the bath some the past few nights. My hands were inches away from him and all the sudden, with lightening speed, Henry did this amazing leap frog dive into the "deep end". It's destiny! Hopefully he will be a little more excited about diving into water when he is older though. I was as wet as he was by the time I had him comforted and convinced him that he could indeed still breath. I guess we have some time to work on it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What are you doing to your child? :)

GrowingRopers said...

:) i read it :) very cute! maybe he will teach me something beyond doggy-paddling! :)