Friday, May 30, 2008

I love this place!

I love living in the Valley! I am so grateful that our family will be staying here. Henry and I went to Sherando Lake today with Emily, Caleb and Gracie. It's a nice park inside the George Washington National Forest. They have a beach area for swimming, nice camping sites, and great hiking trails. We went for the afternoon to play with the kiddos in the water. It was a beautiful day.
I couldn't believe how well Henry played in the sand. We are going to be spending 2 weeks of our summer at the beach, so this was great news! He was completely content hanging out at the water's edge. He only tried to eat a couple rocks :)
After awhile he decided to take a look around. He's such a people watcher {I wonder where he gets that from}.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crystal said...

IS that Sherando off exit 96? I love, love going there. I used to live off that exit (it is my ex-house) and I never stop being amazed at how gorgeous it is there. I am a people watcher too. It gets me in trouble. By the way, there is a lady in Broadway who looks JUST LIKE YOU. She has long blonde hair, same face, same voice, same mannerisms... is it your sister? It was very strange watching her the other day because she is just like you!

Anonymous said...

In case you don't know already, baby powder gets sand off so easily.